Life can be hectic! Replace morning madness with mindful mornings. Dedicating just 30 minutes to an evening routine can help you gain back some control. The biggest challenge with creating a routine is the simple act of getting started. These six night time routine tips are a sure way to make your mornings less chaotic. Create and test your new routine for thirty days, tracking your progress and editing as needed.
1. Plan your outfits. From top to bottom, including accessories, have your outfit ready to wear. If you have kids, get them in the habit too. Trying to locate a missing shoe the night before is less stressful than looking for it on your way out the door.
2. Pack your lunch. Prep for the week of or the night before. Either way, everything should be ready for your lunch bag. Don't forget to pack a mid-day snack and fill your water bottles.
3. Prep your coffee maker. If you're a coffee snob like me, then chances are you grind your own beans. Prep your pot the night before and wake up to the wonderful aroma of fresh brewed coffee. Have a coffee to-go cup ready as well.
4. Prep for breakfast. Plan your breakfast for the week or the night before. Even something as simple as having your bowl, spoon and cereal box ready helps. Savor your breakfast instead of rushing.
5. Pack your bag. Backpacks and briefcases should be packed and ready. Don't forget to include a change of clothes - you never know!
6. Make a list. Before dozing off, make a list of errands and/or to-do's. Items that didn't get checked off can roll over to the next nights list.